We know that you will have questions regarding your ambulance ride. Below are a few of the most frequently asked questions regarding ambulance billing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Quick Med Claims (QMC)?
QMC is Mutual Aid’s revenue cycle management partner located in Pennsylvania. QMC provides ambulance transport billing services for ground and air medical transport providers throughout the US.
Who can I call to discuss my ambulance bill?
You can contact QMC Patient Services at (833) 888-2207. Billing professionals are available between the hours of 7:30AM – 4:30PM EST Monday – Friday. A secure voice mailbox is available after hours. Calls will be returned the next business day.
How do I pay my ambulance bill?
Can I update my insurance information online?
You can update you insurance information online at https://www.quickmedclaims.com/patient-access-portal/
- Click the button under Update Your Insurance Information.
- Enter your run number, account number, or incident number in the space provided.
- Enter the date you were transported in the Date of Service field.
- Enter the Company Code. This information is located on the bottom of your invoice.
- Click the “I’m not a robot” check box.
- Click the Search button.
If my insurance paid, why did I still receive a bill?
- If you have a deductible or copay, you will receive a bill for this amount.
- If you believe you received a bill in error, please contact QMC Patient Services.
- You can contact Patient Services at (833) 888-2207.
- Billing professionals are available between the hours of 7:30AM – 4:30PM EST Monday – Friday.
- A secure voice mailbox is available after hours. Calls will be returned the next business day.
What do I pay if I have an annual membership subscription?
- Memberships are valid for one year from the purchase date and are available at the following levels:
- Individual $50
- Family/Household $70
- Business $200
- Business memberships will treat your employees as members, this only applies while they are at work, and should ambulance services be required.
- This gives an added tax-deductible employee benefit.
- A reduced rate of $238.54 plus $8.02 per mile for all non-covered transports.
- You must comply with all terms and conditions of your insurance carrier.
- Members are responsible for non-covered mileage charges in and outside of our coverage area.
- We reserve the right to do third party billing, which means we will still bill your insurance carrier.
- Members will be responsible for all insurance deductibles, 50% of copays and coinsurance over $200.
- Wheelchair van services are not covered as a membership benefit.
- Members are responsible to obtain physician authorizations and physician medical necessity certificates as required by their insurance carrier.
- If we respond to your residence/ scene of an emergency and you accept treatment and refuse transport, you will be responsible for a discounted rate of $75.
- This Membership Agreement provides transportation benefits only. It is the member’s responsibility to pay for medical service and treatment charges that are not paid by the member’s insurance.
- Business memberships will treat your employees as members, this only applies while they are at work, and should ambulance services be required. This gives an added tax-deductible employee benefit
- Mutual Aid honors the following ambulance memberships at the rates and conditions specified above.
- North Huntingdon EMS
- Irwin EMS
- Murrysville Medic One
- Citizen’s Ambulance Service
- Somerset EMS
- Rostraver/West Newton EMS
- Sewickley Township EMS
- Jennerstown Ambulance
- Jeanette EMS
- Penn Township EMS
- West End Ambulance Service (Johnstown)
- Fayette EMS
- Mt Pleasant Medic 10
- Oklahoma/C&S/Vandergrift EMS